What financial behavior/action most challenges you?

Sally Cisek, 1 year, 6 months ago
Reeta Wolfsohn, CMSW
January 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM

So many of the things we do with money are done automatically. Pay attention to what you do with your money every day to learn which actions are helpful/harmful to your financial wellbeing.

nancy124
January 26, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Unfortunately, sometimes being too generous is harmful to my financial well being.

Reeta Wolfsohn, CMSW
January 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM

Nancy, being too generous can be a constant challenge that treatens financial wellbeing. This is a problem for a lot of people which is the reason I include personal and financial boundaries in the My Money Myself program. We are told to be kind and giving without being provided with the understanding that those characteristics don’t require us to sacrifice our own financial wellbeing. We can be genrous and kind and giving in many different ways while still taking care of ourselves. That is healthy for all involved.

sabbott
January 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Spending money daily and not tracking what I spend. Not putting a limit on daily spending.

Sam Jenkins
January 28, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Using spending as a way to validate my worth.

sjhall
January 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM

The spending trigger of buying something to make myself feel better.

Fayme Stringer Henry
January 28, 2016 at 2:14 PM

budgeting and avoiding the pitfalls of NOT budgeting! spur of the moment spending

heidivanderwerff
January 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Regret on past purchases and ways of living. I never accumulated credit card debt, but could have been saving more of my income in my 20’s than I did.

Reeta Wolfsohn, CMSW
January 28, 2016 at 3:08 PM

This discussion demonstrates how challenging spending is for so many of us. Traditional financial wisdom would be to “just stop spending” which is kind of silly since our money and our spending are about so much more than dollars and cents. In the program you will learn how to behave differently with your money not only by learning new financial skills and tools to help you to better manage yuor money, but by learning where, why and how your spending habits developed so you understand how to change them. MMM was created to educate, motivate and support you in creating financial wellbeing and will always encourage you to let go of regrets from the past that can’t be changed. Focus on the wonderful future you are going to be creating.

GUNASEGARAN KRISHNAN
January 28, 2016 at 11:45 PM

To create a budget that suits my cash flow and diligently follow the plan.

Sally Cisek
February 2, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Spending time on my finances each week. I always feel stressed. I am trying to create a calm and tranquil environment during the one hour a week and once I dive in and do the work I feel great. However, I feel overwhelmed beforehand.

Page 1 of 1
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.